Looking to expand your business’s reach and connect with potential customers in real-time? Look no further than SMS marketing. With mobile phones being a part of everyone’s daily routine, SMS marketing is an effective and direct way to reach customers instantly. In fact, 90% of text messages are opened within 3 minutes of being received.
But, how can you make sure that your SMS marketing campaign is successful? Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Keep it short and sweet: Customers prefer short and concise messages. So, limit your texts to a maximum of 160 characters and make your call to action clear and engaging. Avoid using slang terms and use a URL or phone number to prompt your customers to act.
- Time it perfectly: Timing is crucial when it comes to SMS marketing. Send your messages at a time when your customers are most likely to act. For instance, if you are a pizza shop, consider sending special offers just before dinner time. And, make sure you don’t send messages too early or too late to avoid disrupting your customers’ schedules.
- Message the right people: Only send messages to people who have opted to receive them. You can grow your SMS marketing list organically by promoting shortcodes over other channels such as email, direct mail, and in-store.
- Make it personal: To create a sense of familiarity and trust, address your customers by their first name and announce your business name in the message. Customers tend to ignore messages from unknown numbers, so make sure you create a recognizable brand identity.
- Provide an opt-out option: It’s important to give customers the option to opt out of receiving messages from you. This will ensure that you’re only contacting customers who are genuinely interested in your business. Also, include a short disclaimer about standard rates applying to ensure transparency.
By incorporating SMS marketing into your marketing strategy, you can connect with customers anywhere, at any time. Contact IVE today to see how our solutions can help improve your mobile marketing strategy and help you reach your business goals