Email marketing can be a game-changer for businesses, but only if it’s done right. In order to help you succeed in this important marketing channel, IVE has compiled their top ten tips for developing and executing effective email campaigns that deliver ROI. Here’s what you need to know:
- Nail the subject line – this is the most important element of your email, and the key to getting your message delivered.
- Don’t forget the preheader text – this is the third element of your email that the recipient sees, so use it to summarize your content or include a call to action.
- Design for mobile first – with more and more users accessing email on their mobile devices, it’s vital to ensure that your design is mobile-responsive.
- Make it relevant and personal – use dynamic content to personalize your email and make it more relevant to individual customers.
- Ensure it works with images off – your message must still come through even if images are disabled, so use a 50/50 ratio of images to text and include all core messages in the text.
- Test and learn – A/B testing is a great way to find out what works for your audience and improve your ROI.
- Keep CTAs simple – make it clear what you want the recipient to do with bold, simple calls to action.
- Consider compatibility – ensure your email is compatible with different browsers by creating html and plain text versions, as well as a link to an online version.
- Push opt-ins – encourage additional opt-ins to build an ongoing relationship with new customers, but be sure to always present opt-outs clearly.
- Track customer actions – measurement is key to improving your email campaigns, so track emails delivered, open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates and use this data to learn and improve.
By following these tips and partnering with experts like IVE, you can ensure that your email marketing is effective and delivers results.